Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Letter to CV MP

"My word is my bond" is a phrase originating from within the Bradford wool buying industry. Strict adherence to this principle made the name Yorkshire and Yorkshiremen renowned throughout the world and I have considered myself privileged during the past eighty years to be numbered as one of them. Across this time I cannot recall ever breaking a pledge or going back on my word and hold those that do in very poor regard.
As a simple Calder Valley voter I perceive Gordon Brown and the majority of the parliamentary Labour group, employing a cloud of prevaricative hot air, is hell bent on going back on their 2005 election pledge of extending a referendum on the E U constitution presently before parliament. I can only hope that when the division bell sounds you will not be counted as a participant in this public relations disaster by voting alongside our reneging Prime Minister.

No comments: